Trial and appellate lawyer in Illinois and Missouri concentrating in personal injury defense, property damage claims, premises liability, construction liability, engineering malpractice and wrongful discharge cases. James E. DeFranco has tried over 95 jury trials in state and federal courts in Illinois and Missouri and holds the rank of Advocate in the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Education, Illinois State University (B.S., 1977);
- Education: Southern Illinois University (J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1981).
- Admitted to Illinois Bar, 1981.
- Admitted to Missouri Bar, 1983. Order of Barristers.
- Recipient American Jurisprudence Awards in evidence and property law.
- Law Clerk to Chief Justice Goldenhersh, Illinois Supreme Court (1981-1983).
- American Board of Trial Advocates
President, St Louis/Southern Illinois Chapter 2016
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Illinois State Bar Association
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- The Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- “Opening Statements, “Trial Tactics Defense Litigation Manual, (DRI 2006, Pages 255-263)
- Examinations Under Oath (Norcom Publications 2003)